This informative webinar is designed for anyone parenting or providing services for LGBTQ children and youth in foster care, adoption, or relative care. Included is an overview of what we know about:
- LGBTQ youth in out of home care
- the impact of family rejection
- their struggle for inclusion and safety when in care
- lack of affirming resource families
- double-standards applied to behavior, sexuality, etc.
- the essential role of support and affirmation in helping youth thrive
Presented by Ellen Kahn, Director of the Human Rights Campaign Foundation’s Children, Youth & Families Program. 2015. Created as part of the Advocates for Families First collaboration of NACAC, the National Foster Parent Association, and Generations United.