NACAC is able to help adoptive, foster, and kinship parent support group leaders in the US and Canada start, rejuvenate, or enhance an adoptive parent support group.
Our services include:
- providing information on group development (see sidebar links)
- offering technical assistance on leadership development
- program planning
- member support
- training for parent group members
NACAC has been developing and enhancing adoptive parent support groups and helping implement post-adoption services in the US and Canada for more than 40 years.
Our experienced staff have worked on building the leadership capacity of adoptive parents, adoption professionals, and youth who were adopted or have been in foster care.
In addition to technical assistance to develop and improve parent support groups, NACAC can help you:
- Implement a peer-to-peer support network for adoptive parents
- Develop websites of local resources
- Create coalitions of parents, professionals, and youth to advocate for post-adoption services in your community
- Create youth-led support and advocacy networks