NACAC offers articles, recorded trainings, and tips and technical assistance to help parent group leaders do the best possible job they can of supporting and nurturing their support group.
Our resources are designed to help newer groups grow, older groups rejuvenate, and all groups thrive. We encourage you to explore the articles and trainings below about how to enhance your parent support group or sustain yourself as a leader.
In addition, you can learn about special programs or activities your group can undertake and about how else NACAC can help.
Below are articles related to improving your parent group or adding group activities:
- Leveraging Technology to Support Adoptive Parents: Adoption Support for Kentucky’s Virtual Interaction Pilot Program
- Combating Compassion Fatigue: The Art of Taking Care of Yourself
- Rejuvenating Your Group
- Using Evaluation to Learn What Works and Improve Your Program
- Finding, Supporting, and Keeping Volunteers
Below are webinars NACAC has recorded for parent group leaders. You can find these and other webinars in our list of Recorded Trainings.
- Hosting Virtual Support Groups Webinar
- It’s Time to Take Better Care of Ourselves! (How to Handle Compassion Fatigue and Prevent Burnout) Webinar
- Self-Care for Support Leaders and Caregivers Webinar
- Rejuvenating Your Parent Group Webinar
- Starting and Enhancing Support Groups for Adoptive, Foster, and Kinship Families Webinar
- Fundraising for Groups Webinar