This section of our website is for current and prospective parent group leaders. If you’re a parent looking for a local parent group to attend, click here to link to our parent group database.
From its inception, NACAC has been committed to helping adoptive, foster, and kinship parents provide support to one another through in-person support groups.
Today, through our Community Champions Network funded by Jockey Being Family®, we offer services to help local leaders create, enhance, and rejuvenate parent support groups in their community.
Parent groups provide an opportunity for parents to share information, experience, and emotions with one another. The need for support after an adoption is critical, and parents regularly turn to parent groups to find this support. Parent groups are an inexpensive, effective means of providing and expanding post-adoption services to families.
We encourage you to explore the many resources for parent support group leaders on our website, including information about:
- starting a group
- improving your group
- adding programs or services to your parent group
- finding funding for your parent group
- training for parent groups
- how we can help
Browse All “Parent Group” Related Content:
- Leadership Training Opportunity for Parent Group Leaders
- Find a Parent Group
- We Can Help You Develop Your Parent Group!
- Parent Group Guidance
- Becoming a Nonprofit Organization: Incorporating and Filing for Tax-Exempt Status
- Parent Resource Curriculum Helps Caregivers Respond to the Effects of Trauma
- Managing Group Meetings
- Getting the Group Started
- Hidden in Plain Sight: Accessing Funding for Specialized Youth Permanency Services Webinar