NACAC’s Community Champions Network is able to help organizations in the US and Canada start or enhance support or advocacy networks led by and serving youth people who have experienced adoption or foster care. Our services include providing technical assistance on leadership development and program planning.
Each year, we offer training to youth leaders and support staff and providing training and technical assistance on youth group development. We also have a youth advisory team who can provide training, input, or advice to organizations serving youth in care or adoption.
In addition to technical assistance on youth advocacy and support networks, NACAC’s Community Champions Network can help you:
- Start and enhance adoptive parent support groups
- Implement a peer-to-peer support network for adoptive parents
- Develop websites of local resources
- Create coalitions of parents, professionals, and youth to advocate for post-adoption services in your community
- Create youth-led support and advocacy networks
NACAC is grateful to the support of Jockey Being Family®, which funds the Community Champions Network.