Across the US and Canada, adoption agencies and their partners are coming up with innovative ways to find families for children in foster care. Below are specific articles about how to recruit families for children who are waiting. Most of the articles were published in Adoptalk, our quarterly newsletter, which is a benefit of NACAC membership.
- Key Factors and Characteristics of Successful Resource Parents Who Care for Older Youth: A Systematic Review of Research
- Successful Older Child Adoption: Lessons from the Field
- Weekend Miracles: How an International Adoption Recruitment Strategy Helps Recruit Parents for Children in Foster Care
- Meet the Kids: A Campaign Engaging Youth in Recruiting Adoptive Families
- Finding African American Families for Foster Children: Tips for Workers & Agencies
- The Cold Case Project: Digging Deep to Achieve Permanency
We also encourage you visit the following sites: