At NACAC, we believe that every child and youth needs and deserves a permanent, loving family. Sadly, each year more than 20,000 youth age out of foster care without being connected to a legally permanent family.
The articles below are designed to help child welfare workers and administrators consider how to make permanency a reality for every child they serve. Most of the articles were published in Adoptalk, our quarterly newsletter, which is a benefit of NACAC membership.
- Destination Family: Achieving Permanency for Children and Youth Through Relationship Development Matching
- It’s Time to Make Older Child Adoption a Reality: Because Every Child and Youth Deserves a Family
- A Family for Every Child: Strategies to Achieve Permanence for Older Foster Children and Youth
- Adoption = Forever and Always
- From Fear to Advocacy: My Journey from Foster Care to Helping Others
- Permanency Planning Mediation
- From Both Sides of the System: The Cycle of Adoption
- Youth Are Never Too Old to Be Adopted
- Permanence Can Mean Going Home
- Why We Need to Prioritize Permanency
- Teens Need Permanency and Purpose
- Positive Outcomes: What Workers Can Learn from Successful Teen Adoptions
- Creating Permanency after a Disrupted Placement
- Latino Families Are a Valuable Resource for Waiting Children