NACAC has published a variety of resources to help parents and advocates better understand and access adoption assistance benefits. Below are articles about adoption assistance, and related training sessions NACAC has offered.
- International Adoption and Adoption Assistance
- How to Cover College Expenses for Your Child Adopted from Foster Care
- The Value of Adoption Subsidies: Helping Children Find Permanent Families
- The Vital Roles of Adoption Subsidies: Increasing Permanency and Improving Children’s Lives (While Saving States Money)
- Issues in Child Support Enforcement: When Adopted Children Return to the Foster Care System or Enter Residential Treatment
- The Effect of Adoption Assistance on Eligibility for Other Government Assistance Programs
- Interstate Issues in Adoption Assistance: What Happens When You Adopt from Another State or Move After Your Adoption?
- What Happens to Adoption Assistance if an Adoption Ends or the Adoptive Parents Die?
- Eligibility and Benefits for Federal (Title IV-E) Adoption Assistance
- Renegotiating Adoption Assistance/Adoption Subsidy Agreements