Right now, it’s too early to tell how the coronavirus and the disease it causes, COVID-19, will affect the NACAC conference in August in Toronto. We are proceeding with our planning process: finalizing workshops and general sessions and hoping to open registration this spring.
Click here for more details as we plan for all possibilities.
Save the Date!
If you have been touched by adoption or foster care, this is the conference you will want to attend!
Join us August 27–29, 2020 (pre-conference session August 26) in Toronto, Ontario for this four-day educational event that covers a wide variety of foster care and adoption topics—to meet the diverse needs and levels of experience of adoptive and foster parents, child welfare professionals, and people who were adopted or in foster care.
We will offer about 80 workshops from expert speakers covering a range of topics, including:
- Supporting and preserving adoptive families
- Core issues in adoption
- Effective therapeutic techniques in adoption
- Kinship care and birth family connections
- Parenting children with disabilities and challenges
- Older children and youth
- Race, culture, and diversity in adoption and foster care
- Supporting children and families in adoption and foster care
- Recruiting families for children
The sessions inspire, inform, and encourage all members of the adoption and foster care community! Check out the 2019 session descriptions for a sense of the type of sessions we will offer. (2020 workshops will not be selected until the spring.)
Sign up for our e-newsletter to be sure you stay up-to-date on all the latest conference news.
Full registration (Thursday to Saturday) fees include workshops, general sessions, Thursday reception, and membership for non-members. Parent couples can register together at a discount.
Registration opens in early April. If you need a registration invoice in March, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Full conference registration (register early, rates are raised after July 17):
- NACAC members: $340 US / $375 Cdn
- Non-members: $400 US / $440 Cdn
- Parent couple NACAC members: $510 US / $565 Cdn
- Parent couple non-members: $600 US / $665 Cdn
Daily registration (Thursday to Saturday):
- Individual (Thurs, Fri): $160 US / $180 Cdn
- Individual (Sat): $80 US / $90 Cdn
- Parent Couple (Thurs, Fri): $240 US / $265 Cdn
- Parent Couple (Sat): $120 US / $135 Cdn
Pre-conference (August 26, 2020):
- Per person: $125 US / $140 Cdn
* We will have a separate registration form for Canadian rates where the online payment will be charged in Canadian dollars.
* Full time students are eligible for a 50 percent discount on conference and pre-conference fees.
“As a child welfare professional, adoptive parent, and adoptee, I came away with tools, energy, and an increased sense of purpose to support my clients, my children, and myself.”
The 2020 conference will be held at the Delta Hotels Toronto Airport & Conference Centre at 655 Dixon Rd, Toronto, Ontario.
Discounted guest rooms are available at $175 CAD per night plus 17% tax (which is currently $131 US plus tax).
To make your reservation and get this rate, schedule online at https://www.marriott.com/event-reservations/reservation-link.mi?id=1569260070080&key=GRP&app=resvlink.
“Every year I walk away re-energized with new tools for my parenting toolbox.”