Save the date!
If you have been touched by adoption or foster care, this is the conference you will want to attend!
Join us August 27–29, 2020 (pre-conference session August 26) in Toronto, Ontario for this four-day educational event that covers a wide variety of foster care and adoption topics—to meet the diverse needs and levels of experience of adoptive and foster parents, child welfare professionals, and people who were adopted or in foster care.
We will offer about 80 workshops from expert speakers covering a range of topics, including:
- Supporting and preserving adoptive families
- Core issues in adoption
- Effective therapeutic techniques in adoption
- Kinship care and birth family connections
- Parenting children with disabilities and challenges
- Older children and youth
- Race, culture, and diversity in adoption and foster care
- Supporting children and families in adoption and foster care
- Recruiting families for children
The sessions inspire, inform, and encourage all members of the adoption and foster care community! Check out the 2019 session descriptions for a sense of the type of sessions we will offer. (2020 workshops will not be selected until the spring.)
“As a child welfare professional, adoptive parent, and adoptee, I came away with tools, energy, and an increased sense of purpose to support my clients, my children, and myself.”
The 2020 conference will be held at the Delta Hotels by Marriott Toronto Airport & Conference Centre at 655 Dixon Rd, Toronto, Ontario (3667 South Las Vegas Boulevard).
“Every year I walk away re-energized with new tools for my parenting toolbox.”