Are you the parent or caregiver of a 10-18 year old?
If so, we invite you and your teen (or teens) to attend a four session education series covering topics like communication, healthy relationships, birth control, LGBTQ families & much much more!
Hosted jointly by the North American Council On Adoptable Children and the Annex Teen Clinic, the sessions will be taught by trauma-informed and trained sexuality educators.
Parents and kids will spend some time together having facilitated conversations. They will also spend time separately in their own peer groups.
The Teen Annex staff will work with the kids and with the parents; NACAC staff including Jerome and adult transracial adoptees will also be with the kids.
- kids will get cool backpacks with good stuff in them
- there will be a gift card raffle
- Free! But please register by filling out the form below so we can staff correctly.
When and What
Classes are from 6:30 pm to 8:30 pm on the following Tuesdays
- January 8, 2019
Topics: Let’s Talk! Parents & youth learn how to communicate better especially around sexuality
- January 22, 2019
Topics: STI’s, birth control & technology mashup! A review of birth control methods, STI prevention & how technology plays into sexuality
- February 12, 2019
Topics: Healthy Relationships & Intimacy
- February 26, 2019
Topics: Gender, Sexuality & LGBTQ Families
Annex Teen Clinic
5810 42nd Avenue North
Robbinsdale, MN 55422
Topics for kids will include:
- communicating with their family; birth control; STI; how to use a condom; technology; relationships – romantic, family, friend; consent; 8 types of intimacy; gender; sexuality; LGBTQ; ability
Topics for parents will include:
- healthy sexual development; communicating with young people about our values; technology; pornography and how to talk with young people about it; birth control; STIs; how to use a condom; clarifying parents’ values; LGBTQ; supporting our youth at their developmental level; lots of time for questions
We know many youth have a developmental age that is different from their chronological age. For these workshops, please register youth for one of the following groups based on their developmental age. If you are unsure which group best meets your youth’s needs, please register them for the 10-14 year old group. We will move youth between groups based on staff’s recommendation.