NACAC’s Adoption Support Network invites you to join us in Duluth on April 21 for learning, support, and connection for adoptive families.
Lunch included for all.
Date and Location
- April 21, 2018
- 12:00 noon – 4:00 pm
- Duluth Public Library, 520 W Superior Street, Duluth, MN 55802
- Nancy Binford, PhD, will present “What’s Beneath the Tip of the Iceberg?”
- Too often the focus for kids who have experienced trauma is on the tip of the iceberg — behavior. Dr. Binford will discuss what lies below the water — trauma, brain development, and attachment struggles. She will suggest parenting and relationship strategies to meet kids where they are and help them move forward.
- Nancy Binford (Foster), PhD, has extensive training in psychology, neurocognitive testing, and trauma. Her clinical interests include understanding the impact of early childhood trauma on attachment, self-regulation, social engagement, and academic achievement, as well as the comorbidity of executive functioning deficits, learning disabilities, and psychiatric disorders.
Children and Youth (age 5 and older)
- Youth programming will be led by Jerome Brown, MSW, NACAC’s ASN Youth Support Specialist. Youth will play games, complete craft projects, and spend time with peers while parents attend the workshop.
- $20 for Adults (lunch included)
- $10 for Children and Youth (lunch included)
- Register early! Registration is required.
- No refunds will be issued.
- For more info, please email Deb Reisner at email@example.com