Below is the registration form for NACAC’s Adoption Support Network Support Saturday on December 2, 2017, and details about this event for Minnesota adoptive, foster, and kinship families.
Date and Location
- December 2, 2017
- 10:00 am – 2:00 pm
- Wellstone Center, 179 Robie Street East, Saint Paul, MN 55107
- Nancy Binford, PhD, will present “What’s Beneath the Tip of the Iceberg?”
- Too often the focus for kids who have experienced trauma is on the tip of the iceberg — behavior. Dr. Binford will discuss what lies below the water — trauma, brain development, and attachment struggles. She will suggest parenting and relationship strategies to meet kids where they are and help them move forward.
- Nancy Binford (Foster), PhD, has extensive training in psychology, neurocognitive testing, and trauma. Her clinical interests include understanding the impact of early childhood trauma on attachment, self-regulation, social engagement, and academic achievement, as well as the comorbidity of executive functioning deficits, learning disabilities, and psychiatric disorders.
Children and Youth (age 5 and older)
- Youth programming will be led by Jerome Brown, MSW, NACAC’s ASN Youth Support Specialist. Youth will play games, complete craft projects, and spend time with peers while parents attend the workshop.
- Before lunch families will come together to decorate glass containers and fill them with soy candles. Great as gifts or as a family memory.
- $20 for Adults (lunch included)
- $10 for Children and Youth (lunch included)
- Register early! Registration is required.
- No refunds will be issued.
- For more info, please email Deb Reisner at email@example.com