Once you’ve decided there’s a change you want to see in the world, you need to figure out what you can do to make difference. Adoptive and foster parents, kinship caregivers, young people who’ve experienced foster care and adoption, child welfare professionals, and others have made amazing advocacy gains in recent years. You have the power to change your community—you have the power to be an advocate!
In this section of our site, we’ll provide you with information you can use to create and implement an advocacy plan. You can:
- learn more about advocacy basics
- read tips for working with policymakers
- explore sample strategies others have used
- access our advocacy toolkits on key adoption issues
- learn how to convey your messages effectively