NACAC’s 45th annual adoption and foster care conference offers child welfare professionals an amazing opportunity for inspiration, information, and empowerment. With more than 80 workshops covering a wide variety of adoption and foster care topics, NACAC’s conference will give you invaluable tools that you can use to enhance your organization’s mission. Because of this, many professionals ask their organization to support their attendance at our conference by covering the cost of registration, travel, lodging, food, and time away from work. Learn more about our rates here.
Demonstrating how your attendance at NACAC’s conference benefits your organization and the families you serve is a great way to ask for support. To do this:
- Take a look at NACAC’s list of workshops and note the ones that interest you.
- Consider your personal goals and how specific workshops at NACAC’s conference can help you develop skills that improve your organization’s initiatives. For example, by attending NACAC’s conference, you will:
- Enhance your organization’s recruitment (see workshops 1E–8E) and retention (1G–9G) initiatives.
- Save money and time by learning about programs and services that have already been proven successful (see workshops 2H and 4H–6H).
- Develop a deeper understanding of trauma, parenting strategies, and addressing challenging behaviors (see workshops 2D–9D) through new and effective therapeutic techniques (see workshops 1A–9A).
- Meet and learn from some of North America’s leading child welfare experts.
- Gain skills that you can share with your colleagues once you return.
- Use our template to submit a formal request letter to your boss.