The North American Council on Adoptable Children (NACAC) seeks a full-time communications specialist.
The communications specialist will be responsible for writing, editing, and producing materials needed as part of NACAC’s overall communications, program, and fundraising efforts. Specific responsibilities include:
- Write and edit articles for NACAC’s quarterly newsletter
- Proofread organizational materials
- Plan and develop content for NACAC’s website and e-newsletter
- Write and edit organizational flyers, brochures, and other communications
- Write and distribute requests for donations and other communications with donors and potential donors
- Research grant opportunities and develop grant applications with other staff
- Support other membership and fundraising activities
Skills: Strong written communications skills and organizational skills. Attention to detail, especially related to proofreading. Excellent interpersonal skills, including with people of diverse backgrounds.
Knowledge: Knowledge of inclusive, effective communication strategies. Knowledge of child welfare and adoption strongly preferred. Excellent knowledge of computers, including Microsoft Office programs and using social media.
Experience: At least two years of experience in writing and communications. Experience with fundraising or development preferred.
- Abilities: Ability to write effectively and efficiently. Ability to coordinate multiple projects concurrently. Ability to meet deadlines. Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
Salary: $45,000 to $50,000, depending on skills and experience
Send resume, cover letter, and two relevant writing samples by March 23. The cover letter must include why you think you are the right candidate for the position and how you meet the qualifications outlined above. We will consider applicants who do not live in the Saint Paul area, although we prefer candidates who are able to work at our office. Applicants who do not live or plan to move to the Twin Cities should explain their experience with working remotely and how they will ensure communication with staff in the office.
Send the cover letter and resume to Mary Boo at email@example.com.
Questions? Call 651-644-3036 x19