Adoption Support Network
The North American Council on Adoptable Children provides a network of support for adoptive parents in Minnesota, including:
- peer support from parent support specialists (listed below), experienced adoptive parents who can provide emotional support, information, resources, and referrals
regional in-person and on-line parent support groups
- a Facebook group where parents can request and offer support to one another
- occasional retreats for adoptive parents
For more information about the services available,
contact Ginny Blade at NACAC:
651-646-5082 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
This program is funded by the Minnesota Department of Human Services.
Healing Families Retreat
- Where: Miracle Lodge (7291 County Rd 6 SW, Stewartville, MN--near Rochester)
- When: Friday, October 19 at 7 pm to Sunday, October 21 at 3 pm
- Who: Adoptive parents in Minnesota
- How Much: $80 per person (includes training, lodging, three meals on Saturday and two meals on Sunday)
Training topics include Parents As Healers by Deena McMahon, LICSW, and Secondary Trauma by Kari Fletcher. The retreat will also include support groups, time to reflect, and more.
You can register online through our secure server or download a registration form and mail it today.
Adoptive Moms Retreat
The Adoptive Moms Retreat on September 21–23, 2012 is now full. We have startted a waiting list. If you would like to be on it, please e-mail Ginny Blade at email@example.com.
Parent Support Specialists
The Adoption Support Network’s regional parent support specialists are experienced adoptive parents who can provide other adoptive parents with emotional support, informtaion, resources, and referrals. They are here to help!
Twin Cities African American Community
Saint Paul, MN
Twin Cities Metro
Statewide Native American Community
Saint Paul, MN
toll free: 877-894-9893
Coon Rapids, MN