2016 NACAC Award Nominations
Each year at our annual conference, NACAC honors special individuals, groups, and organizations that have devoted their time to promoting adoption and improving child welfare.
We encourage you to nominate worthy members of the foster care or adoption community (including yourself or your parent group/organization).
Complete and submit this nomination form (click here) by November 20, 2015.
We are accepting nominations in the following areas:
- Child Advocate of the Year — honors individuals who are nationally recognized for efforts to achieve permanence for children in foster care, have worked in the adoption community for many years, and have demonstrated leadership and innovation.
- Friend of Children — honors individuals who have shown leadership and innovation on behalf of adopted children who have special needs.
- Adoption Activist — honors outstanding regional efforts to achieve permanence for children in the child welfare system.
- Parent Group of the Year — recognizes a parent group for outstanding support of adoptive, foster, or kinship parents.
- Corporate Award for Special Achievement in Adoption — recognizes a corporate individual or business that has made a significant contribution to adoption or permanence for children.
- Youth Advocate of the Year — celebrates exemplary work done by an adopted or foster youth or young adult (up to age 25) on behalf of adopted children who have special needs.