To honor special individuals, groups, and organizations who have devoted their time to promoting adoption and improving child welfare, NACAC holds an annual awards ceremony at each year's conference. This year’s winners have spent many years providing invaluable services and support to children and families, and we look forward to publicly acknowledging their dedication and commitment.
NACAC congratulates these 2013 award recipients:
2013 Award Winners
Child Advocate of the Year
Sandra Scarth, Adoption Council of Canada (retired), British Columbia
Friend of Children and Youth
Cindy Blackstock, First Nations Child and Family Caring Society of Canada, Ontario
Parent Groups of the Year
- Adoptive and Foster Families of Maine, Inc.
- Families with Children from South Africa, Ontario
Youth Advocates of the Year
- Alisha Badeau, Youth Speak Out Team, New Brunswick
- Alisha Bowie, Youth Speak Out Team, Ontario
- Marvin M. Bernstein, UNICEF Canada, Ontario
- Christopher M. Cherney, Mississippi Children’s Home Services, Inc.
- Bob Herne, Sierra Forever Families, California
- Debbie Jamieson, Children’s Aid Society of Toronto, Ontario
- Jennie Painter, Adoption Resource & Counselling Services, Ontario